Charnwood Standard Guarantee
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The firebox of your Charnwood Stove is guaranteed against material and manufacturing defect for a period of one year from date of purchase for non-integral boiler stoves, or three years for integral boiler stoves. The guarantee registration form must be completed online and submitted within fourteen days of purchase to enable the guarantee to be activated.
This guarantee is not transferable and is extended only to, and is solely for the benefit of the original purchaser of the stove. Please retain your dated sales receipt as proof of purchase.
If any part fails due to manufacturing or material defect within the guarantee period Charnwood will free of charge, either repair or replace the part at their discretion. The decision of Charnwood is final.
All claims on this guarantee must be made through the supplier of the appliance and must be accompanied by proof of purchase.
This guarantee is for parts only. The cost of labour is covered by the guarantee for the first year only.
Nothing in this guarantee shall affect your statutory rights.
This guarantee is applicable in the UK, Ireland and France and its application operates in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This guarantee does not cover the following:
• Charnwood will not be liable for any consequential loss or incidental loss, damage or injury however caused.
• This guarantee will become void if the appliance is not installed by a suitably qualified person (e.g. Hetas or other competence scheme registered in the UK) and is not installed in accordance with the current Building Regulations.
• This guarantee will become void if the appliance is not installed in accordance with the installation instructions and is not regularly serviced, in accordance with the installation instructions.
• If the product is subject to misuse or neglect, including the use of non-recommended fuels.
• If repairs or modifications have been carried out by anyone other than Charnwood or their authorised representatives.
• Consumable service items such as grate components, internal protection plates, throat plates, bricks, glass, rope seal and associated parts are not covered by this guarantee.
• Damage caused by over-firing of the stove. Please refer to our operating instructions for further details.
• Damage caused by storing or using the product in a damp environment. Corrosion caused by condensation, damp or water ingress into the flue, chimney or the surrounding of the stove.
• Defects or faults caused by local conditions such as draught problems and chimney defects.
• The paint finish will require touching up or repainting from time to time. Maintaining the finish is normal practice and is not covered by the guarantee.