Charnwood offer a 10 Year Guarantee and a NEW 1 year no-quibble consumables guarantee
When purchased through an official, authorised stockist and registered using the code given by them the bodies of our stoves will be covered by a 10 year guarantee (or 3 years in the case of boiler stoves). Additionally, we offer a 1 year no-quibble guarantee for all consumables. This means glass, brick, rope and the parts that traditionally were never covered. For stoves not registered using the code a standard 1 year guarantee is available, which does not include consumables.
Terms and Conditions
The firebox and internal fire-parts (excluding consumable items) of your Charnwood stove are guaranteed against material and manufacturing defect for a period of 10 years for non-integral boiler stoves, or three years for integral boiler stoves from date of purchase.
The guarantee registration form must be completed online and submitted within 14 days of purchase to enable the guarantee to be activated.
The following conditions apply:
- If any part fails due to manufacturing or material defect within the guarantee period Charnwood will, free of charge, either repair or replace the part at their discretion. The decision of Charnwood is final.
- This guarantee is for parts only. The cost of labour is covered by the guarantee for the first year only.
- Consumable items such as bricks, glass, rope seal and associated parts are not included.
- Charnwood will not be liable for any consequential loss or incidental loss, damage or injury however caused.
- This guarantee will become void if the appliance is not installed in accordance with the installation instructions, is not regularly serviced in accordance with the installation instructions, is subject to misuse or neglect, including the use of non-recommended fuel, or if repairs or modifications have been carried out by anyone other than Charnwood or their official representatives.
- All claims on this guarantee must be made through the supplier of the appliance and must be accompanied by proof of purchase.
- Nothing in this guarantee shall affect your statutory rights.
- This guarantee is applicable in the UK, Ireland and France.
Please note: If you have purchased your stove outside of these areas through one of our authorised import partners, your guarantee will be managed by them. Please visit our Worldwide Where To Buy section of our website for a full list of authorised import partners.
Exclusions and Limitations
This guarantee does not cover the following:
- Charnwood will not be liable for any consequential loss or incidental loss, damage or injury, however caused.
- This guarantee will become void if the appliance is not installed by a suitably qualified person (e.g. Hetas or other competence scheme registered in the UK) and is not installed in accordance with the current Building Regulations.
- This guarantee will become void if the appliance is not installed in accordance with the installation instructions and is not regularly serviced, in accordance with the installation instructions.
- If the product is subject to misuse or neglect, including the use of non-recommended fuels.
- If repairs or modifications have been carried out by anyone other than Charnwood or their authorised representatives.
- Consumable service items such as grate components, internal protection plates, throat plates, bricks, glass, rope seal and associated parts are not covered by this guarantee.
- Damage caused by over-firing of the stove. Please refer to our operating instructions for further details.
- Damage caused by storing or using the product in a damp environment. Corrosion caused by condensation, damp or water ingress into the flue, chimney or the surrounding of the stove.
- Defects or faults caused by local conditions such as draught problems and chimney defects.
- The paint finish will require touching up or repainting from time to time. Maintaining the finish is normal practice and is not covered by the guarantee.